Prof. Mireille Dardenne
National Institute of Health and Medical Research. Researcher Emeritus INSERM. Paris. France.
Medical Doctor – Faculty of Medicine – University of Paris
Resident - Paris Hospital
Specialist - Endocrinology – Nutrition- Metabolic diseases
M.Sci. Degree (Human Biology) University of Paris
General Immunology Degree- Pasteur Institute
POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING IN IMMUNOLOGY
Pr. A.J.S. Davies - Chester Beatty Institute, London - G.B.
Pr. A.L. Goldstein - University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston – USA
Pr. R.A. Good - Sloan Kettering Institute - New York – USA
Vice-President - French Society of Immunology
Member - British Society of Immunology
- French Society for Immunology
- International Society for Trace Elements Research in Humans
- Endocrine Society
- International Society for NeuroImmunoModulation (ISNIM).
Consultant – Pharmacology – French Ministry of Health
Expert witness for European Community
The Journal of Trace Elements in Experimental Medicine
Award of the French Academy of Sciences : Prix ARIZE
Member of the Brasilian Academy of Sciences
Norvera Spector Award
Director of CNRS unit : UMR 8603 – Hôpital Necker (until 2002)
Research Director - Inserm
Emeritus Research director - Inserm
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Immunology; Neuroimmunoendocrinology, Endocrinology.
Hormone-immune system relationship
Nutrition-immune system relationship
• International Research Cooperation with Great Britain, United States, Middle east (Lebanon)
• Long term cooperation with scientists from South-America :
- Argentina (Inserm/Conicet agreements from 1991)
- Brazil : 20 years of collaboration with Oswaldo Cruz Institute, Rio de Janeiro, through several international agreements.
Creation of an International CNRS-Fiocruz associated laboratory (LIA) (January 2007).
- 300 peer-reviewed publications
- 100 publications or reviews (Congresses and Books)
- Several invitations to meetings as chairman or invited speaker.